Please note - this guide assumes your radio is in full working order and you are performing a voluntary software upgrade. If you radio appears to have suffered a failure and is displaying a fault message advising you that it is waiting for an upgrade, you should follow the instructions found here: support.pure.com/kb_article.php
Before starting - there are several requirements needed to ensure a successful software update via USB:
- You need a Windows powered PC running Windows XP(32 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit) or Windows 7 (32 bit). 64 bit Windows systems are not currently supported in this process. Mac OS systems are not supported in this process.
- You will need a USB lead. Depending on your radio, this will either be a USB A to B lead o a USB A to Mini B lead. Check your product user guide for the correct USB fitment.
- A basic knowledge of downloading a file from the internet and navigating around your home computer. You don’t need to be a computer expert as the PURE software update application is designed to make the process as easy as possible, but a basic knowledge of home computing would help. If you feel at all unsure about performing the update then you should seek the help of someone who is familiar with the process of downloading and running programs.
- Make sure you remove all batteries and battery packs before updating your PURE product. Your PURE product must be switched on and running on mains power to perform a software update.
- You should know how to navigate to your radio's 'Software Update' screen to instruct your radio that you wish to upgrade. Your product user guide will be able to help you with this.
- Make sure the software update you download is the correct software for your PURE product, and that you are not back dating your current software version. Compare your product's current software version with the new version before installing.
OK that’s the checklist done. If you have all of the above in place then you should have no problems installing new software on your PURE product.