There are a few things you need to have in place before setting up Windows Media Player to be a media server. Use the following check list and make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- This guide applies to Microsoft Windows operating systems only. Your computer must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- You need to have the latest version of Windows Media Player (WMP) installed (currently version 11). You can download and install WMP free from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- Your Flow internet radio must be connected to your local wireless network and have an IP address allocated. You can locate your radio's assigned IP address by selecting Options > Wi-Fi Settings > View Details. Check the 'Joining the Lounge and connecting your radio to the internet' step-by-step guide (found here: support.pure.com/troubleshooter.php ) if your radio is not yet connected to your network.
- The audio media you want to serve must be located on the same network as your radio.
- The audio media you want to serve must be in a file format your radio can play. Your radio supports MP2, MP3, WMA, AAC (M4A) and Real Audio. You can read more about acceptable file formats here: support.pure.com/kb_article.php
OK that’s the checklist done. If you have all of the above in place then you should have no problems setting up a server.
(click Next below)