Please note this FAQ only applies to the Elan IR3 / IR5
On 1st May 2019, we experienced a major outage of the Internet Radio & Podcast service used by our customers’ Internet Radio devices. This was caused by issues that were outside our control. Due to the ongoing stability issues our third-party technology supplier will be migrating to a new internet radio station database partner. No action will be required from yourself – the product will have automatically redirected to the new internet radio service provider.
How this change impacts you
While they have tried to minimise impact to users, there are some differences between the new and previous service. Below is a full list of the change’s consumers may see:
• No support for ‘favourites’. Stations can still be stored as Presets.
• No support for ‘my added stations’. However you can still request stations with our partner and they will look to add them: https://support.wifiradiofrontier.com/portal/newticket
• Existing Internet Radio or podcast presets will be lost and need to be stored again.
An audio clip will be played stating that the presets need to be re-saved.
• No User portal (for my added stations and managing favourites)
• Some stations/podcasts/genre may have different name
• Station/podcast logos may be different
• Help menu is different
We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of these changes, which have been made in order to provide continuity of service for customers and users. This is a large and complex migration and whilst they have tested and rehearsed this scenario in advance there may be an initial period of reduced service stability. Service is being monitored closely during this time and any issues will be communicated via their status page at https://status.frontiersmart.com/.